I have a plane ticket! Everything seems to be falling into place now that that is FINALLY figured out. After weeks of waiting, one million emails and three hours spent on the phone with seven Delta Airlines representatives, I have a round trip ticket from Des Moines to Tanzania. And the whole thing only cost me $575 - holla! The first estimate I got from Delta to change the departure time and location from the roundtrip tickets Fulbright purchased for me was around $2600...definitely not. Called back, spoke to someone else and they got it all sorted out for me. This person will never truly appreciate how happy they made me - I did a dance around my room and was actually happy when I went to work that night, and that never happens.
Junior year is over, sadly. Heading back to Ames Sunday morning for about eight days and then I head out on the 25th.
Things left to do:
- Visa
- Immunizations/Dentist/Allergy Appointment
- Packing
PS: Put my creeping skills to the test and checked out some of the other people participating in the Fulbright Fellowship...they seem legit. Eleven days and counting. Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment