Things I have accomplished: Very Few
-bought some new sports bras/dresses/shorts for the trip, pretty sweet
-turned in some forms
-made 10,000 packing lists
Things I have not done: Everything
-bought a plane ticket
-applied for a visa
-applied for a student travel card
-packed
-got my malaria pills/renewed some immunizations
The man whom I'm trying to coordinate purchasing my plane ticket with from the Fulbright program is a true East African and seems to like to take one million years to do anything. It took nine days to respond to my last email. I ONLY HAVE 19 DAYS LEFT. I can't afford to wait that long to do anything. I'm about one day away from just purchasing my own one way ticket to Dar es Salaam and figuring out how I'm gonna get home when the time comes. I need to turn off my "USA college student stressed cause I have so much to do in so little time" internal clock and chill out so I can deal with the no-rush African mentality once I get there...
While I'm not doing productive things in preparation, which is most of the time, I'm almost done with school! Four classes, two short papers and one easy final from being done. Can't believe college is almost over, wasn't it just yesterday we were graduating from Ames High?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I know what you mean about graduating! I swear it WAS yesterday that we were graduating. I'm so excited you're going back to Africa, can't wait to see all of your pictures. Don't forget about me while you're gone..
ReplyDeletehaha...ur latest blog is funny...i know that "hakuna-matata" nd "no hurry" in africa is like our motto but some people are just pure lazy....but i can promic u that am sure that you will enjoy your vist to Tanzania, just dont get into a DALA-DALA...lol...hope i can see you when you arrive....cheers!!!
ReplyDelete